This is a post (or post series) that I have been working on for some time. As I design a lot of blogs, I often get asked a lot of the same questions, or I get clueless clients who don’t know enough about blog to properly brief me right away. And so it seems the easiest thing to do is create the ultimate guide to starting a blog, not just for my own future clients to read, but anyone wanting to start a blog (because really there is a limit to how many blogs i can take on!). This guide is to help you know exactly what you want for your blog, so you can make educated decisions, and go to a designer with an awesome plan of attack! Or even design it yourself (which I will also cover). I was orignally going to have a page on my site for this, but thought it would probably reach more people as a blog series..so hold on tight my bloggy friends..here we go…
So you want a beautiful blog?
Whether you have been blogger for years and need a new look, or starting from scratch. This is the Tabitha Emma guide to a beautiful blog.
The benefits of good blog design…
1. FIRST IMPRESSIONS. A first impression does count. It encourages readers to explore, read more and stick around longer. You could have the most amazing content, but if your blog does not look enticing, a reader may click away before they have given you a chance.
2. DIFFERENTIATE. Stand out from the sea of bloggers, and have your own visual voice. It will make you memorable and readers are more likely to return.
3. BETTER READER EXPERIENCE. Like going into a nice house, shop or cafe. It makes the experience better, and creates a comfortable and inspiring environment. A well designed blog, is easier to navigate and explore, so readers are less likely to get frustrated, but will find what they want, and stick around to read.
4. PROFESSIONAL. A professional well designed blog, will make you the blogger, look more professional. It looks like you care for your blog and take it seriously. creating It creates trust, and loyalty in readers. And encourages people to hang around longer when they stumble upon you. People will feel like you have more to offer, as you put a lot of time and effort into your blog.
5. PERSONALITY. A good design, reflect who you are. Readers can feel they know you better, as the design reflects your personality. Think of your blog, as the online representation of yourself, it needs to be dressed, to portray something about who you are.
So are you convinced you need a beautiful blog? What next?
STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF ‘So you want a beautiful blog?’